12 Tested & Truly Genius Life Hacks
Save yourself time and money!
- Keep boiling eggs from cracking and make them easier to peel. Anyone who has boiled eggs knows how frustrating it is to have one crack. Adding a little vinegar to boiling water will prevent the egg whites from seeping out. The vinegar also makes peeling easier when you are ready to eat them.
2. Be sure to shake your hard-boiled eggs. You can make sure your egg’s yolk is completely cooked by shaking it after it’s been cooked. A fully cooked yolk will feel like a rock.
3. Use this ingredient to clean your home. The mild abrasive and natural deodorizer in baking soda makes it ideal for whitening grout, refreshing smelly fridges, degreasing dishes, and more.
4. Use a pillowcase to dust ceiling fans. As you pull back the case, stretch the whole thing over the blade and wipe the dust particles inside the case, this way you won’t have to worry about particles falling on you.
5. Recover burned pots. There’s no need to worry: Your pot isn’t ruined. Bring the pan to a simmer with a little dish soap and hot water, then use a spatula to gently coax the burned-on bits off as they soften up. And that’s it!
6. Avoid back pain and wrinkles! Sleeping on your back divides your body weight more evenly, resulting in less pressure on your spine. As a result, you will also prevent sleep lines (wrinkles) on your face!
7. Kill weeds. All you need is piping hot tap water to kill weeds in cracks in sidewalks and driveways. For even greater effectiveness, add a tablespoon of salt.
8. Cut your sponges in half. Your sponge’s lifespan will be doubled with this simple action. Also, it allows your sponge to fit into tighter spaces and dry faster.
9. The importance of exfoliation cannot be overstated. Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. You can use a textured washcloth to remove dead skin cells or combine coconut oil and sugar to make a DIY scrub.
10. Ketchup is ideal for polishing copper. When you don’t have time to properly polish your copper, put some ketchup on a rag, sprinkle salt on top, and rub. Watch this video below to see how it works.
11. You can’t over-moisturize. When your skin is well hydrated, it is more supple and less likely to suffer from issues such as eczema, wrinkles, itchiness, and infections.
12. Take advantage of rainy days. In spite of the temptation to curl up on the couch, being stuck indoors is a great time for productive work.